12 October 2016

Revealing my new book!



Over the past couple of months there has been excitement in the air as my book, Annie Sloan Paints Everything – once just a little idea in my head – has been transformed into a reality. From the moment I picked up a brush to start the first project right through to holding a physical copy in my hands, I’ve been waiting for this day. Finally my 26th book is here and exclusively available through Annie Sloan Stockists before landing in all good book stores from November.


If you’ve already pre-ordered your copy from your local Annie Sloan Stockist or you just want to know more about how this book came about, let me tell you how my most personal book to date came to be. Over the past year, as I’ve opened up my Facebook and Instagram accounts, I’ve seen a noticeable change in people's confidence with colour. As you may know, to me, colour is everything, so seeing a brighter and bolder colour palette rather than the restrained and mutes tones of the past inspired me greatly. With this book, I wanted to showcase just how easy it is to invite colour into your home.


‘Annie Sloan Paints Everything’ has 40 step-by-step projects, covering everything from walls, floors, lampshades, and curtains, to footstools, cabinets and even fruit bowls. As you can image, every single surface is different! In this book, you'll find me painting metal, plastic, glass, burlap, linen, veneer, canvas, dust sheets, even rope, like this shelf unit below. I want my book to clearly and precisely give you the tools and confidence to easily recreate or adapt each project to suit you.

I feel very proud of this book and the pictures, taken by my wonderful photographer Christopher Drake, who I’ve been working with for nearly ten years! Together with my team, we strived to make a book that hopefully shows you just how easy and enjoyable it is to fill your house with colour!

Make sure you join me as I go "on the road" with ‘Annie Sloan Paints Everything’ across the UK. On Thursday, I will be at my wonderful stockist shop The Marmalade House in Bath for a book singing, and then Saturday, I'll be popping in to The Painted Chair in Liverpool (a city that I think is in the middle of an interesting cultural explosion). On the 27th October, I will be back in Oxford at my own shop on the Cowley Road for a book signing. If you can make it to any of these places do come and say hello!

Have you got your copy of the book yet? Which project are you excited to tackle? Please let me know as I cannot wait to hear your feedback! Tag me using @anniesloanhome or #anniesloan so I can see your thoughts!

Yours, Annie

Annie Sloan Paints Everything is published by CICO Books (£14.99). Photography by Christopher Drake © CICO Books

2 comments:

  1. I followed your tutorial for modern look to paint my kitchen cabinets they look awful the product sucks it scratches off so easily and just looks beyond terrible. Now it's going to cost me $2500 to fix on top of your outrageous cost for paint. I am beyond disappointed with this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pieces look absolutely enchanting to put away in a living room. the give the air of absolute taste. i was thinking about redocaritng for quite some time but always gave up wondering what could possibly be done. this helps a lot

    ReplyDelete